Friday, January 25, 2008

Care at all for some carrots?


Harper started solid foods this week. First on the list were carrots. He has been eating them for 3 days now and still doesn't love them. At first he spit them out, so I would alternate carrots with bites of oatmeal. He tolerates them, but has not acquired a taste for vegetables yet. I think he might have his daddy's picky palate!
The suggested diet for a five month old is 26-30 ounces of milk, cereal twice a day, vegetables twice a day, and 4-6 ounces of apple juice. We're skipping out on the apple juice, I personally don't think it is needed yet. Harper will eat carrots for 4 days in a row and then try squash, beets, green beans, peas, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach, and broccoli. I think we're going to skip out on the beets, I couldn't find them at the grocery store and I don't eat beets, so I don't think Harper will be missing out!


1 comment:

S, J, B, & S said...

Blake doesn't eat beets and he's just fine so far! :) Although Dwight Schrute would be very disappointed ...

Harper is SO CUTE!! I love checking your blog!