Friday, March 7, 2008

In Loving Memory of Ross Franklin Boerstler

My Granddaddy died on Monday, March 3rd around 9 pm. He had just celebrated his 87th birthday in January. My Mom, Harper, and I were in town to spend time with him for his birthday weekend. We asked him what he wanted and he replied…. “ A new heart!” Well on Monday he got a new heart as he went to Heaven to be with his Lord and Savior. Of course this is a very sad time for our family as we lost a father, grandfather, great-grandfather, and dear friend, but it’s almost hard not to be jealous as he is in Heaven tonight. He went peacefully without any pain, and the nurse even said what a blessed man to go so quietly. The last hour of his life he spent with his baby girl, my sweet Aunt Jan, who watched America’s Funniest Home Videos with him while he “belly” laughed the entire time. What a way to spend your last hour! I have the assurance that he is in heaven singing with a choir of angels.


We arrived in Henryetta tonight and it was so hard to walk into the house knowing Granddaddy would not be there. I could still see him at home..... sitting in his recliner, singing hymns as he got ready in the morning, drinking his sweet tea (and sighing) at the head of the table, and making silly faces at all of his grandchildren.

Meeting Harper, his first great grandson!

I am so blessed to have him as my Granddaddy and I can't wait to see him again one day in heaven.....I know this is not a goodbye, just a see you later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet words written from the heart of a loving granddaughter. It is apparent how special your granddaddy was to you and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! I'm going checking it all the time now. It was so good you see you last weekend -we need to do it again soon! Have a wonderful Easter with your families.
Love,
Kelsey
Check out the quads at www.michaelsquads.blogspot.com