Monday, August 24, 2009

Golf Par-Tee Details

Harper's 2nd Birthday was so much fun! Thanks to everyone who came over and went "golfing" with the birthday boy.

We had to have a golf party for Harper's 2nd Birthday. He is in love with the game of golf. This is a great thing, unless you try to have a golf party for a little boy. This is an open market for anyone creative/crafty! It is next to impossible to find anything golf themed. I had to get a little creative for this "golf" Par-tee.

My friend Mindy made the invitations for the birthday party. She did such a great job and she actually had golf graphics! Hooray! I set up a 4 hole golf course in the back yard. Each child got a golf club, scorecard, and page of stickers when they arrived at the party. There were instructions at each hole explaining how to play.

The yellow hole was a driving range for the kids to practice their swing by hitting into the practice net.
The Red hole was a putting green. The kids used an astroturf putting green to hit 2 balls into the hole.
Next was the water hole, using a net the kids retrieved 2 golf balls from a pool. The Orange Hole, Using a shovel the kids dug for 2 golf balls in the sand trap.
After each the completion of each hole the kids put a sticker on their scorecard.

I also set up a table for golf ball art. I put green paint, card stock, and golf balls in a rotisserie pan with a lid. The kids shook up the pan and let the golf ball roll around. Then Voila, golf ball impression art.

Cam polished up his golf cart and we offered golf cart rides. The kids were obsessed with the “golf cart.” Here is a picture of some of his friends taking turns “driving!”
For dinner we served, hot dogs, chips, and fruit. Exactly what daddy eats at the golf course, well minus the fruit!

5 comments:

Justin and Lisa Holcomb said...

ADORABLE!!! i so wish we could have been there! i can't believe our babies are two! they have grown up way too fast!

Lindsay Wagner said...

This is SUCH a precious party idea! Way to go being so creative...I am impressed!

Jacob and Emily said...

You are amazing! Can I hire you to help me come up with something creative for Wyatt's first birthday?! I wish I had half the creativity that you have :)

Jenni said...

Great party! We had so much fun!

Ashley said...

It is truly a small world! I was just checking my cousins blog and she was telling me about one of her friends who is a party planner and told me to check out her blog "P is for Party" I went to this blog and her most recenct post was "A hole in one". I was thinking geez that kid sure looks familar....and it was Harper!! How funny...