Friday, January 2, 2009

I've got a fever...

and the only cure is more cowbell!! ha ha I wish that was the case. After a relaxing Christmas vacation in Kingwood I come home with a sick baby. Harper started Christmas Eve off with a cough. He had just gotten over a cough and had a hiatus for 4 or 5 days so I just started up the cough medicine again and didn't think much about it. He was so happy all weekend and gave no signs of not feeling well....except for a little cough every now and then.

Well today he woke up with his eyes matted shut and had a 102 degree fever. Poor baby. I immediately called the pediatrician and they squeezed me in at 2:30. In the mean time I tried to get his fever to break, but no success. He was getting hotter and hotter, and fussier! I decided to arrive early early in hopes of being seen a little sooner, ya right! I arrived at 2:00 and left at 4:45. Harper cried most of that time and would not take a paci. He was so miserable and I was so helpless. I didn't know what to do except cry, and that didn't help. It is so hard to watch your baby suffer and there is nothing you can do.
Look at those sick eyes!
I won't be winning Mother of The Year anytime soon because Harper has the flu, a double ear infection, and pink eye! Poor baby. We have been so low key over the holidays that it seems crazy for him to be so sick. I guess I should have taken him to Walmart and let him run around barefoot to make him immune......kidding!

So this week is on hold as we get this little guy well.

1 comment:

S, J, B, & S said...

Poooooor poor Harper!!! Oh my goodness, I am sure he does feel terrible ... three awful illnesses all at once?! We will be praying for his speedy recovery!! Give him hugs for us!