Friday, August 29, 2008

Bu vs. Wakeforest

Harper visited Waco for the 2nd time in his life and attended the first 2008 Baylor football game. Harper was such a good little traveler! We left around the time of his afternoon nap and headed to Waco, my favorite way, through College Station! This is a big deal......when Cam and I were dating this is how I would go and visit him, but since we've gotten married and moved to Conroe we have to go "his" way up 45 and through Groesbeck. Well this was our first trip straight to Waco (usually we stop at the ranch in Centerville) since we moved to Montgomery, so we got to go "my" way!! It was so reminiscent of those good ole college days. Cam drove me down Texas Avenue so I could see Texas A&M and I just about didn't recognize a thing! It has changed sooo much! We stopped at my favorite ice cream shop, Shakeys! It was just like I remembered. I tried to get him to take a picture of me with my "concrete," but he told me that only fat girls took pictures of their ice cream:(

We arrived in Waco just in time to do some of our favorite things. First stop was to get some t shirts at the BU bookstore, next check out the bear pit. The last time we were in Waco was for homecoming and Harper was only 3 months old. He loved the bears and kept pointing and saying "Baxter!" Everything is Baxter these days. It was a little toasty outside so we kept our visit to a minimum and headed to my favorite place Spice! This is a really fun store, which by the way has totally expanded and has some really neat things! I'm already looking forward to my next trip back. Well since we did what I wanted to do Cam got to choose his favorite place for dinner which is Vitek's BBQ. He ordered the "gut pack," I guess he lived off of this in college. It's a form of Frito pie, but with about 2 cups of grease floating on top!!
After filling our tummy's we headed to Floyd Casey stadium to watch the Bears battle Wake forest. We met up with BearPa and Uncle Casey to watch the game. Harper sat on BearPa's lap and watched the lights and people. I think it was still a little too warm for him to be outside. I fed him a cup full of ice to cool him off, but he's just a sweaty little guy. Finally we moved to the end zone thinking maybe we could catch a breeze. We decided to leave at the beginning of the 4th quarter and drive to the ranch. Overall it was a quick, but fun roadtrip. Maybe next time the Bears can win!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Ok so funny reading your blog! We had to stop at the Bear Pit, Bookstore, and Kendrick wanted a Gut Pack too, but I couldn't handle it! Last time we were in I got to go to Spice, but I guess we were on too tight of a schedule! I can't believe how much hair he has...PRECIOUS! Take care!
J

The Theaux Family said...

Awwwww Sic'em Bears!!! Are yall going for Homecoming? We are and I can't wait for Taylor to get to wear her little cheerleading outfit. Harper is precious!