Monday, August 18, 2008

Party Animals!


Waiting for his Barnyard Buddies to arrive!

For Harper's 1st Birthday Bash we had a Barnyard themed birthday party. The house was decorated with hay bails, cow printed balloons, an animal photo booth, and a ton of barnyard toys. I also monogrammed bandannas for all the little kiddos to wear either as a bib or decoration.


At about 5pm all of his little friends started arriving. As soon as they arrived we took their picture in our "photo booth." I plan to mail them their pic along with Harper's thank you note. The kids loved the photo booth more than I even imagined. It was like they thought they were playing peek-a-boo! In fact most of them played with it during the majority of the party.



The Birthday Boy

We had intended the party to be an indoor/outdoor party but it rained pretty much all day and was extremely humid outside. I had an obstacle course ready for the back yard, but it was still damp! So instead we stayed inside and ate! I had McKenzies BBQ prepare the food. We had chicken, sliced beef, beans, rolls, watermelon, animal crackers, and shelled peanuts. Every time I saw Harper he was eating!




Then it was time for the birthday cake. Everyone gathered in the kitchen to sing to Harper. I placed the smash cake on this high chair and he went to town. Most babies don't know what to do with it, well not this baby! He went straight for the icing. He started clicking his tongue, in approval. He stuck his face down in the cake and gave it a lick!! Everyone started laughing and it scared him. I let him eat the cake for about 5 solid minutes. I wasn't sure when to take it away, but I didn't want him to have a tummy ache. He was covered with cake, so I put him in the sink and gave him a bath. His Grandpa gave him some ice cream when his mama wasn't looking! So much for that tummy ache!



Harper enjoyed playing with his buddies and of course he loved the attention from all of his Aunt, Uncles, and Grandparents! He was well loved (and photographed) today! Next, we decided to open presents. He wasn't the least bit interested in opening presents, so I did the honors. He received so many fun toys, cute outfits, and precious books! This baby is set!

The night ended and we were exhausted! Here is a Heathcott Family picture with our ONEderful one year old!

1 comment:

S, J, B, & S said...

How precious!!! Happy Birthday Harper! I hope to see you when we're in town this fall!!!