Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baylor Homecoming


After our fun-filled Halloween, we were out the door at 6:30 Saturday morning, headed to Waco for Baylor's homecoming. It was so hard to get up, but I knew I'd get an extra hour of sleep tonight so it made it a little easier to get up! And we made a stop at Starbucks for my favorite, pumpkin spice soy latte! Yum!

We arrived in Waco just in time for the parade. We stood in front of the business school and met up with Cam's family. Cam saw lots of old college friends and some of his professors. He was a teachers pet in college, he knows all of his college professors, and they LOVE him! I was never like that, hopefully Harper will take after his daddy academically! Harper was really into the parade, he especially enjoyed the Baylor Bear balloon and the swing dancers!(He loves music) He sat on Cam's shoulders so he could see over everyone. The parade was really long so he ran around for a lot of the time and let Cha Cha chase him around. I think we might try to be in the parade next year, because seriously ANYONE can be in the parade!


After the parade we had lunch at McAllisters with John, Jenn, and Brynn........and then off to the football game. The bears tried really hard to pull off a win against Missouri, but unfortunately it didn't happen. It was the best game I'd seen Baylor play in 5 years, so I wasn't disappointed. Harper sat on Cha Cha and BearPa's lap for most of the game, he was in the best mood all day. He didn't nap all day and was so happy! I'm thinking he's ready to drop his morning nap, but I'm not sure I'm ready for just one nap a day! We were going to head to the ranch after the game and Harper was fast asleep as soon as his head hit the carseat......but gas prices were too cheap to pass up. So we stopped and filled up our car for $45!! Wow! That is the cheapest we've filled up yet! I love Waco!

I had to take a picture for proof!!!

On our way out of town we drove by Cam's old house on Bagby. It has gotten quite a face lift, I promise it never looked this good when he lived there :)

No comments: