Wednesday, May 27, 2009

21 Months


Where o where does the time go? I have an almost two year old! At the end of this summer my sweet little boy will officially be a toddler! Harper is growing up so fast!

This month as been a month of change. We have officially done away with the paci. We did it unexpectedly and did it cold turkey! It took about 4 days of tears, but I think they have all disappeared! Woohoo! Harper also got his last molars this month. I think that means no more teeth until he is 6! I have also moved his car seat from the middle to the passenger side. He is officially to heavy to get in the middle. The last change is shoes. Harper's feet can not fit into closed toe shoes. He has such a tall instep that only sandals fit. I sent him to church on Mother's Day with brand new saddle shoes and he cried the entire time. I had no idea why until I took off his shoes and saw the bruises:( This boy has some strange feet!

Harper learns something new everyday. He is putting more and more words together and it usually makes sense! This morning I put on my pool hat and he said, "Where is Harper's hat?" He is such a little sponge, soaking it all up! He surprises his mommy with all that he knows.

We were listening to music in the car when we were running errands. I turned off the car to get out and Harper started singing the ABC's! I had no idea that he knew them, we have never practiced the song. Then I started to think back to the music we listen to in the car, his fridge toys, and everything else that "sings" at home! I was super impressed!

Harper loves playing outside with his golf clubs, golf balls, and Daddy's golf cart. He is turning into a little golfer. People always comment on his golf swing and probably think that we are trying to make him a golfer. Unfortunately, he has taken an interest in golf all on his own! He is a little obsessive too! First thing he says when he wakes up from his nap is "Golf ball, golf ball!" We usually play "golf" all day when we are at home!

Harper also enjoys his fair share of reading. Sometimes he wants us to read to him, but other times he likes to read alone. I love how much he loves to "read!" He has a beginner's Bible and points to Jesus, Goliath (says, giant!), and baby Jesus. It's so cute.

When Harper and Baxter are inside together it is a ton of fun! Harper dances for Baxter and Baxter goes crazy barking. It just encourages Harper! Recently Harper has started to call him, "Dodger." He is always asking "Where Dodger go?" Harper and B are a package deal, so when we head to the grandparents, B is in tow!

The word No has up-ed its frequency at our house. Every time Harper is asked a question he shakes his head yes and says no. If he answers no, I try to correct him with yes ma'am. He will just repeat what I say, but has no clue what it means. He especially says no, when I try to hold his hand as we cross the street. Not a big fan of holding Mommy's hand.

We love our happy, healthy, little guy!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Come home!!!!! I'm ready to see Harper...I mean you :)