Friday, May 15, 2009

The Pick of the Patch

Check out the shorts...




Addy, Harper, and I loaded up the car and headed to Plantersville, TX to pick strawberries. It was a fun little roadtrip! When we arrived at the orchard there was a sign that said, "Please do not eat while you pick, we need to make a profit." I'm not sure how you tell a one year old not to eat the strawberries?? Just take a look at the after pictures, ie khaki shorts! Oops!!

We picked strawberries for about an hour and then found the blueberrie bushes and picked those. Harper loved eating the fresh fruit off of the vine. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of us actually picking. I wish I could have catured his facial expressions and the juice running out of his mouth and down his arms.

We picked close to 10 pounds. So far I have made a Spring Mix salad with fresh strawberries, and fruit pizza with strawberries and blueberries. YUM!

1 comment:

jnhc99 said...

How fun! We used to go and do that at the same orchard when I was a kid. I've always wanted to go back, but I'm not brave enough to take Sae-Sae by myself. When I was a kid the sign up front read that you could eat all the berries you wanted while you picked!